Here's a useful comparison between the US Postal Service and other carriers for various items. (Click image for larger views.) This is what anti-USPS politicians want to eliminate to create "space" for corporate interests.
The reason the Founders created the Post Office was to pull the nation together, North and South, urban and rural. It has succeeded for 250 years. It ain't broke; don't "fix" it.
Community Log & News Digest
- International Women's Day 2024, Lynnwood March 8
- KOMO-TV's Steve Pool dies at 70
- Quick thinking prevents destruction on Elliott Bay
- The Role of Lutefisk in Achieving World Peace
- Military Job Fair Scheduled May 23
- LETI receives state safety grant
- Call a new Russian friend!
- How many COVID-19 vaccines has Washington administered?
- Washington state continues to add jobs in July
- Hiring strengthens in June
- United Way Offers Free Summer Meals for School-Aged Children Launched Statewide
- More jobs added to state payrolls in May
- Payroll employment growth slows in April but remains positive
- Payroll employment shows strong gains for second straight month
- OPB video helps explain "herd immunity"